Recommended at every visit:
- Blood pressure
- Brief Foot Inspection.
Recommended lab tests:
- A1C -- Every three to six months
- Microalbuminuria (urine test to check kidney health) -- once a year
- Blood cholesterol, measures “good” cholesterol, “bad” cholesterol, and triglycerides in blood – once a year.
Coverage – Services of outpatient preferred lab providers are covered at 100 percent. Non-preferred labs and labs in doctors’ offices may require a copay.
- Eye Exams – Dilated Eye Exam, checks health and condition of blood vessels inside eye – once a year.
Coverage –Screening like those for glaucoma are usually covered at 100%. Dilated diabetic eye exams may have a specialist co-pay that varies depending on your medical plan.
- Foot Exams – Complete foot exam with filament test, determines adequate blood circulation and if nerves and skin in your feet are healthy – once a year.
Coverage – Services of a podiatrist are usually a covered benefit with your plan, but may have a co-pay. Ask your Primary Care Physician if he or she can assist you with this exam.
- Dental Exams –Exam of Teeth, Gums – every six months
Coverage – Limited dental benefits include one cleaning, filling and general exam each year. Check your benefits to determine if you have coverage for this exam.
- Recommended Vaccinations – Flu shot at the beginning of flu season every fall
- Pneumococcal Vaccination -- As recommended by your physician