T1D Exchange is an organization striving to accelerating research to improve outcomes in people living with type 1 diabetes. The Web site offers three main division: an online community, a clinical registry of data and research and study databank.
The diverse type 1 diabetes community is designed to accelerate research and amplify the voices of those living with T1D and those serving as caretakers. Its clinic registry has become the most credible and published T1D data set in the nation.
Finally, T1D Exchange offers a wealth of ongoing and concluded studies into diabetes treatment and potential cures. For example, it has researched factors associated with discontinuation of pump and CGM Data show that the use of an insulin pump and/or continuous glucose monitors (CGM) improve glycemic control.
The College Diabetes Network
The College Diabetes Network (CDN) is a 501c3 non-profit organization whose mission is to provide innovative peer based programs which connect and empower students and young professionals to thrive with diabetes.
CDN strives to enable students and young professionals to thrive with diabetes. The group operates on three pillars of programming: tools, network and an ecosystem.
Other Diabetes Resources
- U.S. National Library of Medicine - National Institutes of Health - Diabetes Tutorials
- American Diabetes Association
- Tour for the Cure
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- National Institute of Health
- Centers for Disease Control
- Mayo Clinic section on Diabetes
- American Association of Diabetes Educators
- WebMD section on Diabetes
- Informational Site (sponsored by Glaxo Smith Kline)
- American Dietetic Association
- Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension
- Learning About Diabetes
- Lighthouse for the Blind
- National Cholesterol Education Program
- National Diabetes Education Program
- National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse
- My Food Advisor